Her Royal Highness Princess Basmah bint Saud bin Abdulaziz al Saud was born on 1 March, 1964 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Her Royal Highness is the youngest daughter of King Saud and her mother, Princess Jamila bint Asad Ibrahim Marei, is from Latakia. Princess Basmah spent the first twenty years of her life studying and travelling the world, contributing towards her success as a talented, strategic and analytical leader. By virtue of those years of diverse Arab identity, HRH succeeded in refining her character, bearing a unique strategy of character building and concern for the individual.
In 1984, she received BSc (Hons) Degree in Sociology from the National American University, then in 1986, went on to achieve MSc Degree in Social Economics and Political Science.
HRH has participated as a speaker at several local, Arab and international conferences and seminars, such as:
- The Global Forum on Human Rights, Jeddah, KSA.
- The Anti-Corruption Conference, Riyadh, KSA.
- Women in Leadership Forum, Yale Club, New York.
- European Policy Centre, University of Cambridge.
- Madeleine Albright Foundation.
- Oxford University.
- Cambridge University, Faculty of Middle Eastern Studies.
- University of St. Andrews.
- National Republican Women's Club.
- University of California.
- Oman University.
- Arab Bridge Centre for Human Rights.
- Security Conference, Munich and Berlin.
- Enriching the Arab Economic Future, Qatar, 4th Conference of Education in the Gulf.
- General Assembly of the United Nations, for four consecutive years.
- Forum for Women in Leadership at the UN.
- Sexual Violence Summit, London.
- Future of the Women in the Middle East conference. London.
- Saudi-British Investment Forum.
- Guest of Honour at the North-South prize of the General Assembly of the United Nations.
Her Royal Highness Princess Basmah bint Saud bin Abdulaziz al Saud is a member on many of boards of directors for companies within the Kingdom, as well as commercial memberships on boards and councils in the rest if the world, including countries such as Turkey, Canada, Japan and Britain.
- Center for Middle Eastern Studies at UCLA.
- Clinton Global Initiative.
- Chatham House member and conference speaker.
- Cherie Blair Foundation.
- TASAM Center for Geopolitical Studies and Research in Turkey.
- Arab Bridge Foundation for Human Rights in Jordan.
Entry The IYF
IYF Honorary President (2016- ).