The Fédération Internationale de la Jeunesse in English International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empowering youth worldwide.
IYF was founded in 2014 to oversee international youth participations, empowering youth and encouraging their engagement among the national youth associations. Member countries must each also be engaged through the six world regions into which the world is divided: Africa, Asia, Europe, North & Central America and the Caribbean, Oceania and South America.
Guided by IYF empowering youth worldwide vision along with UN Sustainable Development Global Goals, IYF works through senior Youth Representatives from all the countries as advocacy group for the Global Goals among youth.
The IYF comes from the need for a collective and better understanding of what youth participation involves, how it can be implemented for all youth ages. A call for inclusive youth participation within community activities, governments, policy/decision makers and CSO’s makes a case for stronger gender parity and especially on young women’s participation. Focusing on participation of other marginalized groups of youth such as youth with disabilities, indigenous youth, migrant youth, youth affect by conflict and post conflict situation, youth affected by HIV, etc. We recognized that young people are a major human resource for development and key agents for social change, economic growth and technological innovation.
- To improve the status of youth and promote cooperation between youth associations in different countries (or persons acting in place thereof).
- To collect information about the state of affairs and practical conditions relating to youth and in different countries and to disseminate such information among members.
- To increase the knowledge and understanding of youth issues among private individuals and government bodies of importance and influence, and to speak with a common voice in all matters relating to the aforementioned objectives.
- To communicate with any government or public body, and to cooperate with them or any other Institution, association or person for any purpose contributing to the attainment of the aforementioned objectives.
- To establish the conditions for successful knowledge and technology transfer within the particular countries and internationally via the Learning HUB, working under the supervision of IYF Office.
- To raise the appreciation of youth achievements worldwide.
- To perform all necessary activities to encourage and promote youth empowerment.